Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Click and call from outlook clients

Hi,

we have recently installed Call Manager, Unity and IPCC in my office. I am having issues with click and call from outlook on anordinary users workstation. This was succesful on installing this on a user who is in IT (full rights to the workstation). Anyone else had a simular issue?

Thanks,

Darren.

8 Replies 8

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Darren,

Take a look at the document called ciscotsp.txt located at c:\program files\cisco on your local machine after you install the TSP. There are some steps specific to the OS you are using that you will need to perform.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Brandon,

sorry it still does not work after following the documentation. The servers have WINS entries the TSP is pointing to the correct user with the correct password on Call Manager. I have made the user an administrator to ensure all installation and settings can be done correctly. When right clicking on the contact and go to call contatc the TSP is not showing in the line options. Any further help would much appreciated.

Darren.

Have you verified the username and password by logging into the ccmuser page for example? Have you followed all steps in the following document? Specifically, make sure that CTI Application use is enabled for the user.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a008017902d.shtml

Brandon

Brandon,

thanks for the reply. I have followed that document to the letter and CTI application is checked for that user and I have confirmed by logging into the ccmuser page with the same username and password that I am setting in the TSP config succesfully.

Darren.

cchristo77
Level 1
Level 1

we had a similar issue. we found that run-as when instaling wasn't working. Also any change we made to the TSP properties required a restart before it worked. then there are the times I forgot to enable CTI application use for the user, or for some reason they didn't have a device associated. we also ended up using the IP address instead of a server name.

Thanks for the reply, I have CTI enabled for the user, IP address for the server, rebooted several times. Made the user administrator for the workstation temp until installations was complete under his profile, due to our Active Directory restricting the user to a number of things on the workstation I have also made him an unrestricted user.

Help!!!!

Just a stab - depending on the version of Windows, sometimes the line is there but not immediately visible. In Win2k, for example, you had to click the drop-down for selecting the line, and only two showed up (like the generic IP CONF and H323 lines), but then you had to SCROLL through the drop-down to see the lines provided by Cisco TSP (still with only two line options showing at a time). Some version of XP improved this, by showing all your options immediately when clicking on the drop-down.

Hi,

I think the issues looks to the version of office. I have completed trials on the same workstation with office 2003 and it worked for 2 users, 1 of whom I have been having issues with. I removed the office version completely and installed Office 2000.I could not select the TSP. Once I upgraded to 2003 this then gave me the option. Thannks for all your replies.

Darren.