Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

Click-to-Call from Outlook contacts with E.164 numbers

All the phone numbers in my MS Outlook contacts are stored in E.164 format with a "+" at the beginning of the number. We have pushed our users to use this format as it makes calling from a Blackberry very simple regardless of where you are travelling to.

Cisco Click to Call has problems with this however (or maybe i haven't setup the dial rules correctly). I have tried the following settings (I am in the US):

"9" for outside line

"011" for international

If I then try to call +1 (212) 555-1212 click to call with try to dial 901112125551212, which obviously fails.

"9" for outside line

"-" for international

Click to call pops up a dialog box saying "+1 (212) 555-1212 cannot be converted to a valid phone number".

Is there a way to get this to work? I am running C2C 7.0.13.0 and Call Manager 5.1.3.4000-4.

1 REPLY

Re: Click-to-Call from Outlook contacts with E.164 numbers

You need to create an Application Dialing Rule. In CUCM 5.x, it will ignore the + anyways.. so you need to create a dial rule.

11 digits

starts with 1

prepend with 9

strip 0

For for international, may have to play with it, or if you want a good reference to dial rules, check this link out:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cupa/click_to_call/7.0/english/install/guide/C2C2chapter.html

half way down is a great table of dial rules for Application Dial Rules.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content