cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Click To Call .NET Runtime 2.0 Error

julienf28
Level 1
Level 1

I've just installed Click to Call .exe (with dependencies) version 8.0 on Windows XP SP3.

and everytime I restart the computer I get a pop up error stating "Clicktocall has encountered a problme and needs to close". Click to Call then closes and all is fine if I restart the program.

A screenshot is attached that showes the Application event log

We need to get this fixed in order for us to deply this little widget to all the employees in our infrastructure.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

gmendivi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Julien, George, all,

I can confirm that Click to Call Engineering Special version 8.0.2587 fixes this .NET Runtime Errors.

It looks like one of the latest bug fixes integrated on this ES did also fix this issue. I looked at the bug fixes integrated on this ES and couldn't find a perfect match.

However, I am suspecting it may be a side effect of the following bug fixes:

CSCti00148 - Outlook crash when creating a new mail without the main window (Internal bug)

CSCth82767 - Excel Crash When Too Many Characters Selected (Internal bug)

CSCtj90662 - C2C Crashes Outlook 2007 SP2 when copying contact to e-mail distribution

All these bug fixes will be included on the next official release of Click to Call. I just checked with the DE working on those bugs and he informed me that we are currently looking into coming up with requirements and resourcing, seeing when the best time to release the next official Click to Call version. At the moment there is not even an estimated date as it depends on other projects as well.

Therefore, at this moment in time we can just fix this issue via the ES 8.0.2587 (or newer Click to Call ES versions).

If any other Cisco user runs into this issue, please open a Cisco TAC service request and request to have the ES 8.0.2587  published (or any newer ES version).

I hope it helps,

German

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Md Hasan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Click to Call 8 have specific requirements for .net and vc++ redistributable if deployed using msi. .net error may show up if the requirements are not meet or there is a existing .net corrupt installation.

--

Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package (x86)

---

If msi was used, please try uninstalled click 2 call and try installing using the ".exe" installer. The exe installer automatically installs the prerequisites for .net and vc++ redistributable

source:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cupa/click_to_call/8.0/english/release/ReleaseNote_c2c.html#wp2468982

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cupa/click_to_call/8.0/english/install/guide/deploy.html#wp1063113

Thanks

I've tried installing with just the .exe and the same issue still comes up.

This is an odd thing as my windows 7 PC is ok but my lab pc that has windows xp SP3 is the one doing the error.

I'm using a PC build but I will try to just install XP SP3 to see if this error still comes up.

Thanks,

J

Hi Julien,

I've just deployed Click to Call and am also getting the Microsoft popup "clicktocall has encountered a problem...) did you ever get to the bottom of the problem.  The testing worked perfectly, its only when we did a mass deployment that the users experience the error when they login to their machines.  They run XP SP3, I guess it may be a rights issue.

Any info would be appreciated,

gmb

I put in a TAC request to get this issue fixed and they sent me a ES for the fix.

Thanks Julien, Please give me the ES number, and I'll

submit a TAC request.

gmb

gmendivi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Julien, George, all,

I can confirm that Click to Call Engineering Special version 8.0.2587 fixes this .NET Runtime Errors.

It looks like one of the latest bug fixes integrated on this ES did also fix this issue. I looked at the bug fixes integrated on this ES and couldn't find a perfect match.

However, I am suspecting it may be a side effect of the following bug fixes:

CSCti00148 - Outlook crash when creating a new mail without the main window (Internal bug)

CSCth82767 - Excel Crash When Too Many Characters Selected (Internal bug)

CSCtj90662 - C2C Crashes Outlook 2007 SP2 when copying contact to e-mail distribution

All these bug fixes will be included on the next official release of Click to Call. I just checked with the DE working on those bugs and he informed me that we are currently looking into coming up with requirements and resourcing, seeing when the best time to release the next official Click to Call version. At the moment there is not even an estimated date as it depends on other projects as well.

Therefore, at this moment in time we can just fix this issue via the ES 8.0.2587 (or newer Click to Call ES versions).

If any other Cisco user runs into this issue, please open a Cisco TAC service request and request to have the ES 8.0.2587  published (or any newer ES version).

I hope it helps,

German

thanks gmendivi. Sorry for the late reply, gmendivi is correct with the ES version fixing the bugs.

Julien

Hallo,

habe gleiche Problem und gleiche Fehlermeldung.

Wie komme ich an das Fix ran?

Könnten sie mir das Fix zusenden?

Mit Freundlichen Grüßen

Im Auftrag

Sören Kliem

Sie müssen die TAC um Ihnen die ES-Version

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: