Views
Helpful
Replies

Closed Greeting Not Playing - Unity 4.0.4

askraydotcom
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Having a problem on our opening greeting call handler where the closed greeting does not play. The schedule for the call handler is correct but the standard greeting is the only greeting that will play at all times of day or night. Also, I've confirmed that the closed greeting is recorded. Can anyone help?

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The Standard Greeting will play during the "Open" portion of your schedule. If you enable the Closed Greeting, it will play during the "Closed" hours of your schedule.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008022d1ca.html#wp1056790

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

MikeTomasko
Level 4
Level 4

Did you check the schedule of the Opening Greeting Call Handler just to make sure it wasn't set to All Hours - All Days?

Yes, I double checked the schedule and it is set correctly, not set to All Hours - All Days.

Can you post a screen shot of your Unity Routing Rules? Is this Call Handler listed more than once in your Routing Rules? Did you double check that the Closed Greeting is enabled?

Run the Audio Text Manager in the Tools Depot to look at the Call Handler. It makes things a little quicker/easier to look at.

The closed greeting is not enabled, it is disabled. Should it be enabled? I thought the schedule would take care of enabling/disabling that greeting automatically.

Yes, if you want to use the Closed Greeting, you have to enable it. The schedule will not enable it automatically.

I see. I thought I read some documentation saying otherwise, but ok.

One question: When the Closed Greeting is enabled and the system is following a schedule, when in 'Day' mode, the Closed Greeting will not play, correct?

Thanks Mike

The Standard Greeting will play during the "Open" portion of your schedule. If you enable the Closed Greeting, it will play during the "Closed" hours of your schedule.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008022d1ca.html#wp1056790

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: