Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CM phones not able to access some Unity features

Installation is bench test prior to deployment--

CM 4.1.3 (Pub only)

Unity 4.2 (single)

7906 and 7941 phones

SCCP between CCM / Unity

default two-line license between CCM / Unity

Connection looks OK -- Unity server test passes, CCM voicemail ports are up and show IP addr and name

Calling MWI on/off works

Calling Unity from CM IP phone works, but Unity answers with switchboard message, not extension message.

Pressing VM button on phone same as above

Issues: Unity will busy/NA pickup and take msg. But Unity will not light MWI consistently, and does not allow for by-name search in Unity from phone (does search on Unity mgmt screen). Unity will not recognize CCM phone; will not prompt for PIN, etc. Msgs are avail in OWA, so they made it through Unity system.

Where did I go wrong?

1 REPLY

Re: CM phones not able to access some Unity features

Hi -

Here's my first thought - check the directory number configuration on the IP phone in CallManager. Is a voicemail profile configured? If not, you need to create a voicemail profile in CCM and assign it to the DN. When the active line has no voice-mail pilot number configured, CallManager directs voice-messaging calls to a default profile, i.e. the Opening Greeting. Here's the link for your version - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803ed678.html#wp82319

Note - if this is configured OK and the problem still exists, try resetting the hunt list in CallManager. Also, make sure the test subscribers record a spoken name. If subscribers do not record a spoken name, Unity can't find them in the directory.

Ginger

Views
Helpful
Replies