Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME 4.0 transfer calls using directory

Hi,

I have a 2851 running CallManager Express 4.0 on v12.4(4)XC IOS. The phones used are 7970G, 7960G, 7940G. 7912G and 7905G, and I am having some strange problems when transferring calls using the directory.

On the 7970G if I try to transfer a call to another number but use the directory to look up the number it doesn't work. Here are the steps:

Active call on 7970G, press the Trnsfer softkey, press the directories button, select local directory, find the person, press the Dial softkey, select Transfer from the menu, but nothing happens and the other call remains on hold.

The 7940Gs, 7960Gs and 7912Gs give similar behaviour, except that when the handset is put down the call to the person is made, as if it had been queued on the phone.

During testing and troubleshooting I have discovered that on the 7970Gs, 7960Gs and 7940Gs if the Trnsfer button is not used then the call can be transferred using the directory. The steps are:

Active call on 7970/7960/7940 phone, press directories, select local directory, find the person, press Dial softkey, press Trnsfer softkey, and the call is made where you can then hang up (blind transfer) or speak to the person first (full-consult) and the call is transferred successfully.

I am unable to find such a workaround for the 7912G. It seems that it is not possible to transfer a call using the directory on the 7912G. The problem also happens on 7905Gs.

I am now wondering whether this is a bug with CME 4 or the phones, or whether I am not transferring using the correct procedure.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,

Graeme Richardson.

2 Replies 2

mrmccann
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You should post this question on the IP Telephony forum. This forum is for Unity and Unity Connection questions.

Will do,

Thanks.