Level 1
Level 1

CME 4.1

Cisco 2851

c2800nm-ipvoicek9-mz.124-15.T1.bin

7961 and 7911

firmware: sccp.8-2-2SR1

30 channel PRI E1

When a call is received and connected from a mobile or landline, the display shows a random collection of characters below which is the calling number in brackets.

I have tried a number of different CLID suppression commands and isdn commands which have not worked.

When I downgraded to CME 4.0(2) c2800nm-ipvoicek9-mz.124-11.T2.bin, the display showed just the calling number, which is preferable.

4 Replies 4

bwalchez
Level 4
Level 4

upgrade the ios to latest one IOS 12.4(15)T1 and check it if ti solves the issue

Already running 12.4(15)T1.

Hi,

I also have the same issue with the garbage characters on the display when an incomming PSTN call is connected. Did you manage to find a fix?

I changed phones firmware with no luck. I did however remove my voice translation rule which was adding a '90' to the calling party number on the PRI. Once this was removed the issue cleared, but meant we lost the 90.

Thanks,

Chris

Yes, but my solution involved taking out the trunkgroup commands from the incoming dial-peer.

below is what I mean if you have not used it before.

controller E1 0/0/0

pri-group timeslots 1-31

trunk-group 1 timeslots 1-31 preference 1

dial-peer voice 1 pots

trunkgroup 1

incoming called-number .

So I just took out the trunkgroup 1 command and replaced it with port 0/0/0:15.

I am also translating the incoming called number and then applying to the voice-port 0/0/0:15:

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^.*/ /9\0/ type national national

rule 2 /^.*/ /900\0/ type international international.

Dan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: