Views
Helpful
Replies

CME to Avaya issue

Shaijala
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am facing some issue with Cisco CME to Avaya phone dialing .

We have two kinds of outgoing setup,

Ø  0 prefix dialing (Office –Office)

Ø  00 prefix dialing (Land line ,PSTN etc)

We are able to make 0 prefix dialing without any issues. However when we making 00 prefix dialing I am getting

Beep sound and displaying “Unknown number”.

Below is the call flow of 00 prefix dialing.

Dialing 00-33-XXXXX from JP-->Cisco CME route the call over WAN to France Avaya System--> France Avaya System

Route call to PSTN

Attached the dial-peer configurations and SIP trace of 00 prefix dialing

Note: I tried with h.323 dial-peer as well. But when I am dialing I am getting an Busy sound and displaying “Busy”on the CIPC Display.

It would be great if any one can help on this.

Regards,

Shaijal

3 Replies 3

Felipe Garrido
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The debugs indicate that the Avaya system is reponding with a "404 Not Found" error. That typically indicates that it does not have a route for that number. Have you checked the Avaya system to see if there is a route that matches? Is the CME system suppose to strip any digits off of the DNIS before sending it out?

-Felipe

Thanks Felipe ,

There is no strping at CME end ,the whole number would be sent to Avaya.Avaya team cheking at thier end .

please let me know do i need do any other configuration on CME end.

Thanks,

Shaiajl

keshenry1
Level 1
Level 1

Shaiajal,

Perhaps you got this working now but I recently worked out trunking between CME & Avaya IP Office using either SIP or H323.

Not sure what the nature of your problem is, perhaps troubleshooting from Avaya's end may assist but if you're receiving a 404 Not Found error, you may need to look at your incoming call route on the Avaya system for the trunk linking to the CME or ensure that you have the H23 trunk on Avaya's end pointing to the correct ip interface on CME.

If unsure and the debugs aren't helping, you can build two h323 trunks on Avaya's end pointing to the other interface (meaning that which the call originates from on the CME's end)

H323 probably being the easier method to configure.

Sample dial peer being:

dial-peer voice 1000 voip

description route to Avaya (I always do this out of practice)

destination-pattern 10..

session target ipv4:192.168.42.2

codec g711ulaw(alaw if need be)

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

no vad

Hope this helps somewhat. Please, let us know.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: