cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

COBRAS Export CUC 7.0

johnthoyt
Level 1
Level 1

Can Not login to CUC 7.0 export tool. I have activated and started the database proxy service. I have created an account with administator and remote administrator rights. I have increase the remote database access timer to 90 days. I have installed the IBM plugin and I have .NET 3.5. I have tried to access the tool from a Windows 2003 server and a Windows Vista PC. From the Vista machine I get the following error.

Error in load routineError opening event source registry key - Access is Denied. -2147024891

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You need to run the tool "As administrator" when running on Vista (or Win 7). This is noted in the help file but probably some more generous error handling in that particular routine could suggest it as a possible problem (among others that restrict local registry updates by default such as CSA rules and such).

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

johnthoyt
Level 1
Level 1

I went back to try the Windows 2003 server again to upload the error message from it and it is now working. The 2003 server is running .NET 2.0 sp1. The Vista machine was attempting to connect over an IPSEC VPN and it still recieves the same error in the original post. Any futer insight into this would be apreciated but a work around is in place.

You need to run the tool "As administrator" when running on Vista (or Win 7). This is noted in the help file but probably some more generous error handling in that particular routine could suggest it as a possible problem (among others that restrict local registry updates by default such as CSA rules and such).