cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

COBRAS Export does not export messages from Unity Connection 7.0(0.323)

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hello,

I am trying to use COBRAS Export for Connection version:8.0.0.52 to export users and their messages from a Unity Connection 7.0(0.323) system.

================================================================
Running COBRAS Export for Connection version:8.0.0.52
Remote Connection version=7.0(0.323)
Remote Connection server name=10.192.7.210
Remote Connection login name=cobras
Local time=29/08/2014 14:22:05
================================================================
**Search for '(error)' or '(warning)' strings in the log for problems**
** Target Connection Server Details **
Server name=10.192.7.210
IP Address=10.192.7.210
Connection version=7.0(0.323)
Voice mail user count=160
Call handler count=7
Distribution list count=3
Interview handler count=0
Business edition install: False

The export process seems to run ok and the IMAP test is ok

Include Host ID details: False
[Thread 001], [14/08/29 02:23:34], Checking to see if WAV file download functionality works, this may take a moment...
[Thread 001], [14/08/29 02:23:34],     Checking IMAP connectivity capability before starting export.
[Thread 001], [14/08/29 02:23:35],         IMAP connection established to target.

But messages for the user are not detected and downloaded

[Thread 001], [14/08/29 02:24:39], [42 of 41] Backing up all mailboxes selected for export
[Thread 011], [14/08/29 02:24:39], Message backup task running on thread #11
[Thread 011], [14/08/29 02:24:39],     Processing mailbox:Mailbox details:Alias =cobrastest, DisplayName=[cobras test], ObjectId=2c079b23-3756-41b3-abad-59b5118168c0
[Thread 011], [14/08/29 02:24:39],         No messages found for user with alias=cobrastest
[Thread 011], [14/08/29 02:24:39], Messaged download from server so far: 0

This user "cobrastest" has three unread messages in their mailbox.

Is there any reason for the messages not being downloaded? - it is a very early release of Unity Connection 7.0

From the PC on which I am running COBRAS Export I am able to connect to the Unity Connection server using an IMAP email client and can see the messages in the users mailbox.

The full log file for the export is attached

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Super user access for IMAP was not added till 7.0(2) I'm afraid - I just popped open the COBRAS help file and this is in the message backup section:

• For message extraction in COBRAS export be sure you are using Connection 7.0(2) or later.  Also make sure you are connecting to the server using a user _without_ a mailbox.

7.0 (and 2.x) had IMAP and you could log in as an account but (which is why the basic IMAP tests are ok) but the super user access (i.e. getting to everyone else's messages using that same account) didn't work - I would think the server would throw an error when it tried but apparently not - it's just returning an empty list. 

There's no REST support in 7.x of course so you can't use CUMI to fetch messages either - the only option is to either migrate users without messages and leave the 7.0 server up for a period where they can dial in and get them (IT guys wanting to apply more aggressive aging policies like doing this) or upgrade the server to a more modern version first.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

I have just recorded some messages for a test user on the Unity Connection 9.1 system that the 7.0 data will be migrated to and those messages were exported ok using the same COBRAS setup so it looks like the version of Unity Connection is to blame.

Any ideas on how to solve this? - I guess I could upgrade to a later 7.x version of CUC but want to avoid that if possible as I would need to wait for change approval etc.

Super user access for IMAP was not added till 7.0(2) I'm afraid - I just popped open the COBRAS help file and this is in the message backup section:

• For message extraction in COBRAS export be sure you are using Connection 7.0(2) or later.  Also make sure you are connecting to the server using a user _without_ a mailbox.

7.0 (and 2.x) had IMAP and you could log in as an account but (which is why the basic IMAP tests are ok) but the super user access (i.e. getting to everyone else's messages using that same account) didn't work - I would think the server would throw an error when it tried but apparently not - it's just returning an empty list. 

There's no REST support in 7.x of course so you can't use CUMI to fetch messages either - the only option is to either migrate users without messages and leave the 7.0 server up for a period where they can dial in and get them (IT guys wanting to apply more aggressive aging policies like doing this) or upgrade the server to a more modern version first.

Geoff,

Thanks for the response explaining the issue.

I will put your two suggestions to the customer.

Cheers

James

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: