cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

COBRAS messages not restored...

jmachiggins
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to use COBRAS to move messages from a Unity 4.x to UCX 7.  Everything in the logs says this was successful but there are no messages in the user mailboxes.  When I tried to run COBRAS again just restoring messages I got an error saying SMTP was somehow blocked or not available to the user I was logged in with.  What did I miss?

Thanks,

Justin

1 Reply 1

Craig Cooper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Justin,

Assuming the messages were backed up, when the COBRAS Export was performed, the transfer of messages via SMTP is often blocked by virus protection and firewall software on some PC's.   You might want to try disabling McAfee/Norton/etc. prior to the Import as a first step.   Please make sure you're using the latest version of COBRAS Import for Connection 7.x and later.   Please also ensure that you've followed the section entitled "Enable SMTP Connectivity For Importing Messages" in the COBRAS documentation.

Kind regards,

Craig

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: