cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

COBRAS Unity voice messages migration

richardfu
Level 1
Level 1

we are consolidating Unity 4.1 VM system to another Unity 4.1 UM system which are running for a while, with this COBRAS tool, the voice messages could be able to migrate, however the old voice messages time and date that are migrated will be changed, the new date and time will be when they were migrated.

Any suggestion we can get the old time of date of the voice messages?

Thanks for any clue.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

second that. exmerge is the only way to go. Cobras will export the voicemails, but on the import, it marks them as new. Exmerge will keep the same state.

View solution in original post

yep - help files notes the use of ExMerge as well.

Just a side note - the DOH interface availble to COBRAS doesn't let you mess around with the original send time and read state when punching message in (you have to go through MAPI interfaces for that).

Imports of messages into Unity Connection _do_ preserve this information, by the way. Just thought I'd mention it.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Instead of using Cobras use MS ExMerge.

Chris

second that. exmerge is the only way to go. Cobras will export the voicemails, but on the import, it marks them as new. Exmerge will keep the same state.

yep - help files notes the use of ExMerge as well.

Just a side note - the DOH interface availble to COBRAS doesn't let you mess around with the original send time and read state when punching message in (you have to go through MAPI interfaces for that).

Imports of messages into Unity Connection _do_ preserve this information, by the way. Just thought I'd mention it.

Thanks guys for your great information.

Guys, same concern about COBRAS with import messages and marking them all as new. However, on my new 7.0(2) Unity VM-only with FO box, my message store has a different name than it did on the Unity 4.0(4) box. Does this mean I CANNOT use MS ExMerge? From reading some initial docs, it appears the mailstore has to be the same name/place?

Thanks!