Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Coexistence Unity UM and Siemens Xpressions

Hi,

For the moment I'm working on a project where the customer is looking to migrate their Siemens PBX to a CallManager solution. On their Siemens PBX they are currently using Xpressions as Unified Messaging system (i.e. OEM of Cycos mrs). As it will be a smooth migration from Siemens to Cisco, they want to be sure that the Xpressions system AND the Unity UM will be able to work together with the same Exchange server.

Can anybody provide me answer to this question?

Thanks

• Unified Communications Applications
3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Coexistence Unity UM and Siemens Xpressions

Pretty tough for us to speculate on the behavior of the Cycos product - I _can_ tell you the original XPressions product (based on the 2.x Unity code from Active Voice prior to being aquired by Cisco) would not cause a problem. Unity "plays nice" in AD and adds our own properties (approved and doced with MS) and don't trample on other properties in AD so there shouldn't be a problem - I cannot assure you that Cycos follows those same rules or not - I suspect they do.

Do You think since Unity adds its own attributes and my customer says xpressions adds a separate tab where the Attributes are located. That we can add Unity attributes to that same user and have that one user be unified with xpressions and Unity at the same time?

Cisco Employee

Without seeing the AD extensions they add, I can't say for sure - they must doc what they do with objects in AD somewhere - but again, I suspect there will be no overlap here since if you look at Cisco's extensions they are all nicely labeled (i.e. starting with ciscoecsbu...) and we don't misuse existing properties so the chance of overlap is small.

Views
Helpful
Replies