Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Combing two different Cisco Voice environments

I have a customer  (Customer A) that recently purchased another one of my customers (Customber B).

Both Customer A and Customer B have their seperate Cisco Voice environments. Each has thier own cmpub, cmsub, cups, unity, ipcc, and Customer A has ARC while Customer B has Attendant Console. 

They want to migrate all of Customer B to Customer A's Cisco Voice environment.  Customer A is on the 8.5.2 release and Customer B on 8.0.2.

Here are some things I know:

1. I will not be moving the attendant server over as it is end of life, and using ARC for Customer B's operators.

2. I can export end users and devices and then import that into CUCM

3. I need to be careful with the device loads since upgrading to certains phone loads needs to be done stepwise for anything prior to firmware version 8.5.2

4. I will need to create all route patterns, paritions, calling search spaces, device pools, locations, cucm groups, etc.

5. I can change the imported users to sync with ldap after they have been successfully imported.

6. I will need to create a new Agent Desktop and install on each PC for the PC's that were in the B environment.

7. I will need to add Customer B's Exchange server info into Unity for vm to email

Some things I do not know:

1. When I import the end users from B into A, do the applied groups also get applied in system B?

2. My main thing is how do I handle two different LDAP environements?  I know I can have multiple LDAP servers, but i do not think I am able to import multiple sets of data from the different LDAP servers.

Has anyone successfully pulled this off, can anyone suggest anything that I may need to look out for, etc.

1 REPLY
VIP Super Bronze

Combing two different Cisco Voice environments

1. When I import the end users from B into A, do the applied groups also get applied in system B?

Only if you import via BAT and include those user groups in the spreadsheet. There are no default group assignments as there is with credentials.

2. My main thing is how do I handle two different LDAP environements?  I know I can have multiple LDAP servers, but i do not think I am able to import multiple sets of data from the different LDAP servers.

The best answer you'll get on this topic is from the SRND which has a whole chapter dedicated to LDAP. The short answer is: this is only easy if the domains are in the same forest and tree. Supporting multi-forest is a pain. I recommend merging the Microsoft infrastructure first; you can always update the LDAP config on cluster B to tide you over between merging AD and getting ready to do the same to CUCM.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/collab09/directry.html

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content