cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Conference Bridge

art.lacie
Level 1
Level 1

Does CUCM 11 come with the ability to set up free dial-in bridges for conference calling? Someone mentioned this to me a while back, and I'm hoping to look into setting it up if possible. Are there any setup guides online for it?

Thx

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CUCM has always provided a SW CFB that you can use for ad-hoc, meet-me, and on your version, conference now. It only support G711 codec.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

So basically, we can get rid of our 3rd party bridge supplier who we pay by the call, and set up conference now, and there is no charge for calls, including external callers dialing in? Simply plant a DID on it?

Having no idea of what that 3rd party offering is providing you featurewise, I cannot answer. I suggest you try conference now, or meet-me, again, no idea how your system works right now, and then compare it to find out if it's a suitable replacement, or not.

HTH

java

I guess what I'm saying is, this works just like a regular bridge service, providing you add a DID to it, but the benefit is there are no per call charges because the conferencing is handled internally on our Cisco system.

Is each person dialed into conference now, its own connection over our PRI - thus reducing the number of available calls in our system?

Yes, all outside users will use your trunk(s) to join the bridge.

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: