cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Conferencing Problem

mparella
Level 1
Level 1

Running CCM 4.2. All of the sudden I can no longer set up coneference calls with inside or outside calls. They ususally just fail when I try and bring the second party in, although on several tries I did see a "cannot join call" message display on the phone. Looks like all the CM services are running and VGs look OK. Any ideas of where I can go with this? Will rate post.

6 Replies 6

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Michael,

Are these Hardware or Software Conference Bridges? Make sure that the Cisco IP Voice Media Streaming Application service is activated on the server.

Let us know,

Rob

Streaming Application service is running. Where can I drill down to dind out exactly which device is acting as my conference bridge for whom? I believe it is different for each one of the offices here.

Hi -

Don't know if this is the same issue as we are running CCM 4.1.3sr5b, but we are seeing some problems doing Adhoc conferencing where the calling party has a person on the phone and conferences in another user. Those two users are conferencing OK, but the initiating user gets "CallManager down" and is kicked off. The error does not occur when using MeetMe, just adhoc. We are still researching. Doesn't happen at all sites either.

Ginger

Hey-

Sorry, but not really. What we see is two parties on, calling party tries to conference another call and then the original party gets dropped and now only the calling party and the new participant are in the call. Not much has changed here so don't know what is up. No problems either with meet-me. ????

Hi -

Not sure if this applies, but I just found this - http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsi61965

I sent it to our CCM support person to investigate.

Ginger

Thanks. We're running 4.2 and I don't even have this option in Enetrprise Parameters. We also have video running here and I have a feeling it may have something to do with our MCU being used as a audio/video conference bridge.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: