Views
Helpful
Replies

Config more than one Domain SIP on Presence Server

oscar cordero
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are doing integration between CUPS and LYNC. we have a client that have many domains example:

pepe@grupocopisa.com

javier@copisa.com

nacho@copisaindustrial.com

so, in service parameters I configure the domain grupocopisa.com for the sip proxy. Also configure de network domain with grupocopisa.com

I "THINK" I need to conf more than one domainsip proxy because the sip invites from is well treated. no?

javier@copisa.com

nacho@copisaindustrial.com

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sorry, that's not supported. You will need to migrate everyone to one domain if you're going to do intra-domain federation.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cups/8_6/english/integration_notes/Federation/Intradomain_Federation/Planning_chapter.html#wp1057748

Partitioned Intradomain Federation, by its nature, supports integration between Cisco Unified Presence and LCS/OCS within a shared presence domain. LCS/OCS, however, supports the configuration of multiple presence domains for each LCS/OCS deployment.

Note          Cisco requires that all Microsoft Office Communicator users have the same presence domain as Cisco Unified Presence client users for Partitioned Intradomain Federation.

If any Microsoft Office Communicator users do not share the same presence domain, Partitioned Intradomain Federation is not possible for those users.

What should I do? the client dont wants to migrate they users to one domain...

i not understant well the intradomain and extradomain. Is possible to do on extradomain?.

kind regards.

Hello,

I read and see that this integration manual not aplied for my project. We are not remplacing the LYNC with jaber. We are integration the CUPS and LYNC but using only the LYNC client. This manual is for remplacing the lync client for jabber client, and doing step by step mainteing the presence feature between jabber and lync during the migration of remote head quarters. please correct me if im wrong.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cups/8_6/english/integration_notes/Federation/Intradomain_Federation/Overview_chapter.html

Partitioned Intradomain Federation

More and more enterprises are choosing Cisco Unified Presence as their  IM and Availability platform. These enterprises already have Microsoft  Office Communications Server (OCS) or Microsoft Live Communications  Server (LCS) deployed and want to move their users from Microsoft Office  Communicator to a Cisco Unified Presence supported client. During the  transition, it is important that these users who migrate to a  Cisco Unified Presence supported client can continue to share presence  information and instant messages with those users who are still using  Microsoft Office Communicator. For more information about supported  Cisco Unified Presence clients, see Software Requirements.

Partitioned Intradomain Federation enables Cisco Unified Presence client  users and Microsoft Office Communicator users within the same  enterprise domain to exchange presence Availability and IM.

This integration supports users within an enterprise domain who are  either configured on Cisco Unified Presence and use a  Cisco Unified Presence supported client as their desktop client, or are  enabled on OCS or LCS and use Microsoft Office Communicator as their  desktop client.

Ah you mean Remote Call Control. It has been a few years since I have done that; however, I do not recall the domain, single or otherwise, being relevent to that integration. Here's the guide with details:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cups/8_6/english/integration_notes/IntegrationNote_CUP86_MicrosoftLyncServer2010_RCC.html