(Voicemail only)

HQ:

CallManager Pub and Sub

Unity Primary and Secondary

Point to point between HQ and Remote office

Remote office:

CallManager Sub

Unity

Unity is digitally networked between the two sites. But my question is, can I have multiple Unity servers attached to one CallManager cluster. (I'm splitting the cluster for other reasons)

Remote site uses its local Unity server for voicemail. CCM sets up the call, rings the remote phone 4x, then rolls into Remote Unity server for voicemail. The HQ and Remote Unity servers are networked for voicemail fowarding, etc, between the two sites.

Any problems with this?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

Yes, no problem having multiple Unity servers connected to one CCM cluster. You separate the Unity servers via your CCM CTI route points, hunt group/line group, and voicemail profile. In your Unity integration at the remote site, I would use the CCM Sub located there are the primary for your voicemail ports.

Ginger

Thanks Ginger! I wanted to use the local CCM sub there to cut down on the voice traffic in the WAN between remote and HQ for voicemails and also failover for the cluster. I'm not so worried about Unity failover, even though I technically could split the prim and fail

thanks much!

head to sf for voicecon????

Hi -

No Voicecon, but I would be interested to hear how you liked it if you go. I went to Networkers - Las Vegas in June and now prepping, I think, for MCSE 2003 Recert bootcamp end of this month.

Ginger

voicecon was great in the spring. I'm just going to see all the new products since it's a hop skip and jump for me