cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring Multiple Remote Destination Profiles to a single Remote Destination

tim.martin
Level 1
Level 1

I’ve got Unified Mobility working on one user to a cell phone number.  I want to configure a second user to go to the same cell.  If I understand the documentation properly, the Remote Destination Profile (RDP) = user, Remote Destination (RD) = cell (or home, or alternate number, etc.)  Based on this, it seems like I should be able to configure multiple RDPs to go to the same RD, but when you create the RD, you have to assign an RDP to it.  Additionally, if you attempt to create a second RD with the same number, it gives an error reading, “Add failed. The specified Remote Destination already exists.” 

How can I set up multiple users/phones to use the same RD?

Thank you,

Tim                  

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No, the same RD can not exists.

You should be able to assocaite different DN to the same RDP which points to the same RD.

HTH,

Chris

Hi Chris,

We are running CM ver 11.5, I am running into what looks like a limitation of CM. I would like to set a remote destination config from 6pm to 8am the next day (for helpdesk call coverage). Looks like I will need two configs because of the overnight falling into the next day. But can't actually do that because of the limitation of only allowing unique destination.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: