Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring Unity to send emails to Exchange public folder

jesminder
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

i'm trying to configure Unity to send voicemails to two mailboxes - existing receptions mailbox and an Exchange public folder. Any one out there know how to do this?

All help appreciated.

Cheers,

Jesminder

8 Replies 8

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can mail enable an Exchange Public folder and give it an email address. Then you would need to setup to place a copy in the public folder and one in the receiptant folder.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. i've already enable the public folder and that's working fine. Now i need to know how to configure Unity so that VMs go to 2 different email addresses.

Cheers,

Jesminder

The only way I can think of is to configure a Rule Wizard in Outlook to handle this.

Perhaps you can have a Call Handler in Unity take the message instead of a subscriber mailbox, and set the message recipient in the Call Handler to a Public Distribution list which contains the two users you wish to get the message.

Chris

Good Call! Just double checks the MWI work ok afterwards.

mmiktus
Level 1
Level 1

mail enable a public folder.

in exchange, configure Reception mailbox to deliver messages to both the public folder itself.

this should put a copy in the public folder without doing anything in unity

Thanks for all your responses. The outlook wizard is no good as if the reception is not there, the VMs don't get forwarded (which is the reason i want the VMs to go to a PF). The solution of configuring Exchange to foward all reception's emails to PF is also not good as all receptions emails will be in PF. I'll give cmcalpin's solution of using a call handler a try and see how it goes. Pity there isn't an easy way to get Untiy to change the target mailbox that it sends it's VMs to.

Cheers,

Jes

Jes,

I am sure that you have the solution already but if you do not then you could do this.

Under the subscribers settings you could have the message receipent to be a distribution-list that has the public folder and the receptionist in it, if I can remember correctly from the web interface.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: