Replies

Connection 7 and IMAP

pcromwell
Level 3
Level 3

Chasing my tail on this one.

I am trying to find out why you would need to use IMAP in Unity connections 7.1

What functionality does it provide?

I have read the design guide, but it has left me more confused than when I started. Does anyone have a simple explanation?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There is another method called "SmartHost"  Where Unity basically forwards a copy of the voicemail to the designated smtp address.   This however, does not control the MWI light on or off.   It is simply a copy of the voicemail messages.

The options are:

Store and foward (store a new copy, forward a copy)

Foward only (does not retain a  copy locally)

Store only. (no forward)

I think there is another option, but I cant recall on the top of my head.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Its an added function for CUC.  You can use IMAP with Outlook (example) and download your voicemail messages to your inbox. (separate inbox).  The voicemails are .wav files and you can listen to them on your computer.  Once you download the message, read it (listen to it) it will turn the MWI light off.  If you you mark it unread, it will turn the light back on.

make sense?

IMAP is optional

Excellent, many thanks for this. So if you want voicemail in your inbox this is the only way?

There is another method called "SmartHost"  Where Unity basically forwards a copy of the voicemail to the designated smtp address.   This however, does not control the MWI light on or off.   It is simply a copy of the voicemail messages.

The options are:

Store and foward (store a new copy, forward a copy)

Foward only (does not retain a  copy locally)

Store only. (no forward)

I think there is another option, but I cant recall on the top of my head.

Cheers!

Thanks for your input on this, has been a great help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: