cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connection 7 Directory Handler Behaviour (voice enabled vs not)

lfulgenzi
Level 7
Level 7

For some reason, it seems like directory handlers in Connection 7 behave differently depending on whether it's speech enabled or not. I find it odd that if a directory handler is speech enabled, it will announce the user's recorded name (and department if there multiple matches) but if it is not voice enabled it uses a TTS translation of the display name.

This will be hard to explain to managment/clients.

Am I missing something?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That sounds like a bug that's been fixed in the 7.1 and 7.0 (in an ES) line - the name presentation for TUI (not restricted to just the name lookup handler I don't think) was using the TTS of the display name even if a recorded name exists.

It's fixed in 7.1(2)ES12 and 7.1(3) and later.

The bug I'm thinking of is CSCta86538

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That sounds like a bug that's been fixed in the 7.1 and 7.0 (in an ES) line - the name presentation for TUI (not restricted to just the name lookup handler I don't think) was using the TTS of the display name even if a recorded name exists.

It's fixed in 7.1(2)ES12 and 7.1(3) and later.

The bug I'm thinking of is CSCta86538

Thanks Jeff. I did a Bug Search on several keywords and was not able to find that bug.

OT: Do you know if the bug search tool is not working properly?

so far as I know it's working - the tag parsing stuff can sometimes get tripped up by all the $$ insertions it's looking for so it's possible this one didn't get picked up by the indexer or something - but looking at it, it seems to be ok. Were you able to see the bug off the link? If not here's the text:

==============

Unity Connection plays tts instead of voice name

Symptom:

UC 7.1.2 plays the tts name from the subscriber's profile instead of playing the recorded voice name. This occus when using the directory handler.

Conditions:

Using the directory handler you can choose a subscriber on the unity system. When you match a subscriber the system will typically play the recorded voice name. In uc 7.1.2 the system plays the tts name.

This is fixed in Connection 7.1(2)ES12 and 7.1(3) and later.

Workaround:

NONE

Yeah, I was able to get to it offline with the Bug ID you provided. Thanks again.