Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Silver

Connection 7 Directory Handler Behaviour (voice enabled vs not)

For some reason, it seems like directory handlers in Connection 7 behave differently depending on whether it's speech enabled or not. I find it odd that if a directory handler is speech enabled, it will announce the user's recorded name (and department if there multiple matches) but if it is not voice enabled it uses a TTS translation of the display name.

This will be hard to explain to managment/clients.

Am I missing something?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Connection 7 Directory Handler Behaviour (voice enabled vs n

That sounds like a bug that's been fixed in the 7.1 and 7.0 (in an ES) line - the name presentation for TUI (not restricted to just the name lookup handler I don't think) was using the TTS of the display name even if a recorded name exists.

It's fixed in 7.1(2)ES12 and 7.1(3) and later.

The bug I'm thinking of is CSCta86538

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

That sounds like a bug that's been fixed in the 7.1 and 7.0 (in an ES) line - the name presentation for TUI (not restricted to just the name lookup handler I don't think) was using the TTS of the display name even if a recorded name exists.

It's fixed in 7.1(2)ES12 and 7.1(3) and later.

The bug I'm thinking of is CSCta86538

Silver

Thanks Jeff. I did a Bug Search on several keywords and was not able to find that bug.

OT: Do you know if the bug search tool is not working properly?

Cisco Employee

so far as I know it's working - the tag parsing stuff can sometimes get tripped up by all the $$ insertions it's looking for so it's possible this one didn't get picked up by the indexer or something - but looking at it, it seems to be ok. Were you able to see the bug off the link? If not here's the text:

==============

Unity Connection plays tts instead of voice name

Symptom:

UC 7.1.2 plays the tts name from the subscriber's profile instead of playing the recorded voice name. This occus when using the directory handler.

Conditions:

Using the directory handler you can choose a subscriber on the unity system. When you match a subscriber the system will typically play the recorded voice name. In uc 7.1.2 the system plays the tts name.

This is fixed in Connection 7.1(2)ES12 and 7.1(3) and later.

Workaround:

NONE

Silver

Yeah, I was able to get to it offline with the Bug ID you provided. Thanks again.

Views
Helpful
Replies