Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Connection Recorded Name Replication

I have two Connection systems on 7.1.2ES16 that are using digital networking. I have noticed that Connection is using the text to speech translation of subscribers display name as opposed to the subscribers recorded name to announce the sender of a received message or when the system is verifying a address for a composed message to be sent when the subscriber is on the other Connection system. It appears that replication of Recorded name is not working?

Steve

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: Connection Recorded Name Replication

Hi Steve,

It sounds like this bug that was identified by Unity Guru Lindborg;

CSCta86538 Bug Details

Unity Connection plays tts instead of voice name

Symptom:

UC 7.1.2 plays the tts name from the subscriber's profile instead of playing the recorded voice name. This occus when using the directory handler.

Conditions:

Using the directory handler you can choose a subscriber on the unity system. When you match a subscriber the system will typically play the recorded voice name. In uc 7.1.2 the system plays the tts name.

This is fixed in Connection 7.1(2)ES12 and 7.1(3) and later.

Workaround:

NONE Status

Fixed

Severity

3 - moderate

Last Modified

In Last 2 weeks

Product

Cisco Unity Connection

Technology

1st Found-In

7.1(2)ES1

Fixed-In

8.0(0.163)

7.1(3.49)

7.1(2)ES12

7.1(2.22008.1)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Re: Connection Recorded Name Replication

Close but it works fine when I recieve a message or send a message when the subscriber is on your "home" Connection system. TTS only kicks in when going cross box.

Steve

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content