Views
Helpful
Replies

Consolidate two Unity 4 servers into one Unity 5

kseraphine
Level 5
Level 5

Hi

I need to consolidate two Unity 4 systems into a single Unity 5 server. Each Unity 4 system has approx 1500 subs and 70 call handlers. I'm not aware of any upgrade path for this situation so the plan is to build the new unity 5 server, recreate the call handlers, sub templates manually then run bunny killer to split the AD accounts from the old servers and then bulk import them into the Unity 5 system.

I'm looking for a way to avoid recreating all the call handlers manually. Bulk Handler create doesn't look terribly helpful since the caller input settings cannot be specified.

Just wondering if anyone knows of an easier way to do this that I may have missed.

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Depending on your timeframe for doing this, there may be another option. Take a look at:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_COBRAS.htm

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Depending on your timeframe for doing this, there may be another option. Take a look at:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_COBRAS.htm

This looks to be your tool. I would however have you notice that it is not tac supported yet. When you calculate your time, calculate how long it will take you to rebuild each callhandler manually. This tool though, should be able to import, export, etc.

I would give it a try for sure. And watch the videos. I just did and they are great. And like Jeff said, email him with questions or problems with the tool.

cheers

COBRAS seems to be what I need. I'm not sure how it slipped under my radar; I hadn't seen it before.

Thanks for the info

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: