cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Convert Unity 4.x Voicemails to Play in Windows Media Player

NPT_2
Level 2
Level 2

From time to time I need to copy Unity Voicemail messages for investigative purposes.  I can retreive the .wav files from exchange without a problem, but unfortunately they are in a format (G.729 I think) that Windows media player will not play back without a 3rd party codec.  Is there any good freeware converters available to convert to standard .wav or .wma, MP3, etc rather than G.729 so the people needing these files don't need to load a codec on their PC?  This is Unity 4.04.

Thanks,

Jim

1 Reply 1

Scott Hills
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You may find these directions helpful:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/white/paper/cuaudiocodecs.html#wp64774

To Install the G.729a Codec for Cisco Unity on a Subscriber Workstation  That Does Not Have ViewMail for Outlook or DUC for Cisco Installed

Step 1 On Cisco Unity DVD 1 or CD 1, browse to the Utilities directory.

Step 2 Copy the Sl_G729a_setup.exe file to the directory of your choice on the network or to a disk.  Administrators or subscribers can then install the codec from the  network or from the disk:

a. Confirm that the subscriber workstation is using a Windows operating system and that a compatible audio player is installed.

b. Double-click Sl_G729a_setup.exe, and follow the on-screen prompts.

c. Restart the subscriber workstation for the codec change to take effect.

This should allow Windows Media Player to play the codec.

Thanks,

Scott

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: