cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Convert Wav files from ipccx 3.5 to UCCX8.5

robert.cooley
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone have an idea how to convert voice prompts (.wav) files which were created in IPCCX 3.5 to import into UCCX 8.5.

Is there a codec mismatch between the two?

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you are installing UCCX 8.5 with the same codec as 3.5 there will be no mismatch, you can simply move them from one system to the other.  Only G711 and G729 codecs are supported on UCCX.

Chris

Thanks for you advice.

I have transfered the files from one to the other but they do not play back.  How can I tell which codec is being used on either platform?

UCCX can use G729 or G711 codec. On UCCX 8.5 login to appadmin and then System/System Parameters. The Codec is set under Media Parameter.

On 3.5 it was set at install time and I can't remember where you look.

On UCCX 8.5 the wav file name is now case sensative, make sure your name in the script matches the wav file name exactly.

If you are not sure of your wav file format post a small one and I will have a look at the header.

Graham

Hi Robert,

Also check for the validity of the recorded files i.e. CSD record viewer play's back only last 1 weeks recorded files by default, if you have saved these recording by extending this duarion, than you can playback only max of 1 months of files.

==================

The call recordings in Cisco Unified CCX are stored in a raw format that  is only playable using the CSD Record Viewer. The CSD Record Viewer  shows 7 days worth of call recording as well as those tagged for 30-day  extended archiving

===================

Thanks,

Anand

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: