Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Corrupt 8k WAV files in UMR Failed folder frequently

Hi,

I am having a issue where there are 8k WAV files that appear corrupt (they are blank and contain no audio) are being made and fail to be sent to the mail store a couple times a day. The users are valid mailboxes and they get good VM messages fine, just got a bunch of these 8k ones.

This is happening across 4 seperate Unity clusters with their own dominios mail server. All are Unity 4.0(4) SR1. Some have 7.04 TSP, some have 8.01b. This is happening for multiple users also. I ran the DUT tool from unity and it is able to access the mailboxes fine it appears also.

Any ideas on the 8k WAV file and where it is coming from? I do see event log entries about recordings being discarded if they are < 1000 ms but not with these. If I move the files back to UnityMTA folder they fail and cause error again.

here is the error from event log, there is nothing else in log before/after this UMR error to further point out the problem.

Event Type: Error

Event Source: CiscoUnity_UMR

Event Category: UMR Thread Error

Event ID: 113

Date: 9/24/2005

Time: 3:55:02 PM

User: N/A

Computer: UNITY1

Description:

A message with the subject:

Message from 8001234567

to recipient <name removed> could not be delivered and was moved to the failed directory. This can occur for several reasons: the recipient mailbox may be disabled or inaccessible, Cisco Unity may be having trouble connecting with the partner server, or the Cisco Unity messaging component may not be properly configured. If this condition persists, contact Cisco TAC. 0x00000DD0

2 REPLIES

Re: Corrupt 8k WAV files in UMR Failed folder frequently

Here is one of the WAV files (all are same).

Re: Corrupt 8k WAV files in UMR Failed folder frequently

I looked into this a bit further, and on some of the unity servers the WAV files that failed were 3k, 4k, 5k and 6k. Also looked at another clients unity system w/same version of unity and notes and seeing same behavior there.

I turned on some UMR traces and moved the failed WAV messages to the UnityMTA folder to see what traces say, and there was a error about the WAV file format, etc. This doesn't catch the issue creating these however.

What would be the best traces to run to catch this next time a < 10k WAV file is made to see whats going on.

Views
Helpful
Replies