Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Couple of Unity Usability Questions

Unity 4.0(5)with failover off-box Exchange Nortel PBX QSIG integration - a couple of usability questions requested from our subscribers:

1. Any way Unity can dump subscibers directly into new messages so they do not have to press 1 first?

2. In the case of our Executives a Admin answers their calls then transfers the calls to the Unity Mailbox of the Exec if desired. The Execs complain that the header info contains the transferring Admin's info and not the original caller's. Any idea how to get around this?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES
Gold

Re: Couple of Unity Usability Questions

1. This is a new feature in Unity 4.1(1), called the "hands-free" conversation. You'll need to upgrade, but it's an easy and simple upgrade. The only caveat is that 4.1(1) isn't localized, so if you have need for languages other than US English, you'll need to wait for Unity 4.2 or later.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/prod_release_note09186a0080531dd3.html#wp650030

2. I'm not sure how to fix this. I had heard once upon a time that the Unity-CM TSP was supposed to listen for SCCP transfer completion events and restart the playing of the greeting and otherwise fix these things up, but it doesn't seem to happen. I don't know how or if this is supposed to work in your QSIG integration. I'd love to hear from Cisco on this question myself.

Cisco Employee

Re: Couple of Unity Usability Questions

for #1 it's actually not called "hands free" - that implies a hands free traversal of your messages which is not the case here. In 4.1(1) and later you have the option of jumping right to your new messages on login (i.e. instead of hearing message count and the main menu etc...) - there is also the option to not ask for a password if you're calling directly from a known extension. I have both turned on for my mailbox and when I hit messages the next thing I hear is "message 1, a voice mail..." - very nice.

both features are adjustable on a per user basis in the SA and are also exposed on BulkEdit.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content