Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CP-CKEM-C= not working with cisco 8961 phone on call manager 10.x

Hi,

We have recently deployed a call manager 10.0 where we registered a phone 8961 and selected 1expansion module CP-CKEM-C= in the configuration and connected it with the phone.

Unfortunately neither the expansion moudules light glows nor it turns on even when i reset the phone.

Any help will be appreciated.

5 Replies 5

Suresh Hudda
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Dear, Verify the interface cable between Cisco IP Phone and Expansion Module is connected and enough power its getting.

Verify that Expansion Module is defined in CUCM.

Suresh

Hi Malik,

The datasheet says it is supported with 9971, 9951 and 8961 models.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/collaboration-endpoints/unified-ip-color-key-expansion-module/data_sheet_c78-565427.html

Cisco IP Color Key Expansion Module Hardware Support Compatibility

Cisco Unified IP Phone Model

Number of Cisco Unified IP Color Key Expansion Modules Supported

regds,

aman

Thats right Aman soi. I made a mistake in the post actually it is 8961 phone and there is problem making this module work with call manager although I have selected it. Also I do not find any loads for this module.

Hi Malik,

Can u refer the link for CKEM configuration under heading which says load is bubled with phone load. Also, check for side USB port is enabled.

Configuring the Key Expansion Module in Cisco Unified 
Communications Manager Administration

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/9971_9951_8961/7_1_3/english/admin/guide/8961995171_713_ag/9971kem.pdf

regds,

aman

Thanks for the suggestions I have already checked regardin the side port. Will also cjeck the provided link and get back to u.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: