cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

crendetial lost on the Unity 4.05 server (W2k3 sp1)

francis.labelle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, this is a weird thing, when I reboot the unity server (a w2k3 sp1 machine) the avgsgateway service lost his credential and fail to start due to a logon failure. To fix it, I want to manually retype the same user/pw in the "service login tab" to get the service running.

Do you have an idea of thesource of my problem ?

3 Replies 3

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

The account used by the avcsgateway service is the message store account, typically UnityMsgStoreSvc. Did any other services on the Unity server fail to start? Make sure Unity can reach the domain controller for authentication.

Ginger

all services that use the account "unitystoremanager" and "unitydirmanager" fail to start. And the AD is always available...

weird...

Hi -

Here is what I would do:

1. Ensure inheritance is checked on both these accounts

2. Rerun the Unity permissions wizard - make sure you use the latest version and enable the DCOM check box for these permissions

3. Rerun the Services wizard and use these accounts

4. It wouldn't hurt to rerun the Message store configuration wizard as this also selects the accounts to use

5. Stop/start Unity from the systray and check services startup (or you can reboot the server to ensure all of the services come up OK)

Ginger

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: