cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cross Box Logon Question and 0# to subscriber on another unity server

maratimer_2
Level 1
Level 1

4 X Unity 4.05 UM using cross-box logon, CM Integration, E2K servers - Two questions : Do we have to point the pilot number for each server to the Opening greeting for cross- box logon to work properly? Currently, we have the Pilot number to the main server set to Sign in, and can login to the accounts on all of the servers - is there a reason the release notes say it should be configured to the Opening greeting for the routing rule for the pilot number? Also, many users currently have 0# caller input to another user, can we configure the subscriber to call a user on another unity server and if so, with what feature (how)? Thanks.

7 Replies 7

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The number you enter for one Unity server to "hand a call off" to another Unity server for sign in or forward to greeting needs to be a call handler - it doesn't have to be specifically the opening greeting call handler - any handler would do. The reason for this is the logic for dealing with the "transfer sequence" between servers is done in PHGreeting which is loaded and run when a call handler is accessed. If you have it going directly to the sign in, the hand off logic will not be dealt with.

I'm not sure I understand your 2nd question - you can map 0 to transfer to any extension on your switch network - what are you trying to do exactly?

Justin Pascal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jeff,

Does direct transfer to VM works in this environment?

I have a setup in which this is not working,

3 Unity 4.0.4SR1, attached to the same CCM, but in dont have different extensions in Unity. (Unity 1 range 1XXX, Unity 2 1XXX, Unity 3 1XXX) I want to make a direct transfer to VM from CCM, should this work? Now Im getting the Opening greeting when i try to make a DirXFER to VM, (Unity1 is answering all calls)

If everyone has the same extensions across your three boxes this will never work - the calling number must be unique for Unity to know that the subscriber you want to log in as is on another Unity server in the domain and do the "hand off". Cross box login only works for Unity servers in the same dialing domain (membership in a dialing domain requires unique extensions for all users).

We have the pilot number on the originating unity server set to "sign in" in the routing rule. We have cross box login configured to call the pilot number on the second and third unity server and each of those servers has the routing rule for their pilot number set to the opening greeting. When we call the 1800 pilot number (which takes users to the sign in on the originating server), I can logon to vmail on unity 1, 2 and 3. What is it that wont work? I can easily create a call handler that prompts the user for their user ID like the sign in prompt does, but it appears to be working now. Just wondering what I am missing. Thanks.

As for the 0# config..if I want to assign a subscribers number to 0 on another subscribers caller input page, and that subscriber is not on the same unity server, I am currently creating a call handler so it is transferred to the subscriber on the other unity server. I was wondering if that was the way to do it or if there was a better or more direct way.

Not sure what you're asking - I don't think you're filling us in on all the details here.

If subscribers on your Unity 1, 2 an 3 have conflicting Ids (i.e. you have someone with extension 1234 on Unity 1 and 1234 on Unity 2) then you will have problems. When Unity 1 picks up and you enter 1234 for your sign in ID, how would it know which Unity box to send you to? It wouldn't (and doesn't). If everyone has a unique ID then this will work no problem.

You weren't specific about the number plan and if it provided for all 3 Unity servers to be in the same dialing domain or not (i.e. all users must have unqiue extensions). If you have done that, you wont have a problem so long as your routing numbers go to greetings (as you have done here).

Oh, and yes - your method of using a call handler for the 0 mapping to a user on another box is the way to go. Auto attendant objects (call handlers and primary call handlers associated with subscribers) do no replicated around the directory so they don't show up as destinations for one key rules and such on other boxes.

Sorry if I wasnt clear enough earlier. Our dial plan includes all of our unity servers, they all have unique extensions. We have pretty well squared away the cross box login issues but have one remaining issue left related to direct transfer to vm - we are working with TAC on this and have been told there is no resolution because of our dial plan. We are currently searching for workarounds. Thanks for your quick reply.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: