Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

cross-server logon only working 1 way

OK, I called TAC and they were unable to help me so I'll post here with low expectations. :) just kidding.

Cross-server logon is only working one way for our 2 unity servers. 2 sites, DC and Baltimore. DC users can login to their voicemail from Baltimore phones, but if Baltimore users try to do it in DC, this error message displays on the DC Unity...

Event Type: Warning

Event Source: CiscoUnity_ConvSubscriber

Event Category: Warning

Event ID: 159

Computer: UNITY02-DC

Description:

Handoff to UNITYBALT was unsuccessful. The target server didn't respond. 912

and this one on Balt Unity...

Event Type: Warning

Event Source: CiscoUnity_TSP

Event Category: None

Event ID: 109

Computer: UNITYBALT

Description:

Cisco Unity-CM TSP device 4 (Cisco Unity port 1): Failed blind transfer to extension 99999. Reorder tone detected.

If this is a persistent problem, it may indicate a problem on the Cisco Unity and/or Cisco CallManager. Verify that transfers are working.

Unity is 4.1(1)

Call Manager is 4.1(3)sr3a

The only thing that involves extension 99999 is the all subscribers distribution list setup on Unity servers, so I don't know what the blind transfer reference is to.

The final suggestion TAC had is that it may be a CSS or Partition issue and they sent me the Unity/CM configuration guide. I went though and verified that these were setup correctly.

Any ideas? Note, at one time this was working but I had to specify a port in the Dialing domains section rather than use the pilot. I suspect it may have stopped working when I upgraded to 4.1 from 4.0, but I can't say for sure because it took awhile for this to get noticed.

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: cross-server logon only working 1 way

I took a peek at your TAC case and the diags attached. Unfortunately there was only a bunch of skinny daigs without any context for which diag is for what server or when a failure occurred. So I just grabbed one and looked for the first supervised transfer failure. In this case, Unity was attempting to transfer to x4000 but recieved re-order tone from CCM. If 4000 is the correct conact number that UNITY02-DC should dial to reach UNITYBALT, then I'd agree with TAC that something is wrong with the CSS/Partition setup. If 4000 is not the correct extension to dial, then either I'm looking at the wrong call or you've got the wrong number configured on UNITY02-DC.

BTW I don't think the failed blind transfer to 99999 on UNITYBALT is related. First, cross-server handoffs must use supervised tranfers. Second, when handing a call from UNITY02-DC to UNITYBALT, the transfer is performed by UNITY02-DC. UNITYBALT only needs to recieved and answer the call.

-Eric

Views
Helpful
Replies