Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cross Server Transfer and Transfer to VM

I have a Unity 8 environment with Exchange 2003 and my company is going to be migrating to a new AD (2008) and Exchange 2010.  We are looking to take this opportunity to move to Unity Connection as well.

In my lab, we have stood up a Unity Connection box in the new AD/Exchange environment while the Unity box still exists in the current AD/Exchange environment.  We have been able to get cross server transfer working pretty reliably, but I have a question about the direct to voicemail feature we currently use.

We have the route pattern *xxxx set up to drive a voicemail profile for Unity that allows callers to use the direct to VM feature. Since we will be migrating users gradually over the course of weeks and possibly a couple months, this will create a problem for this feature that is commonly used.  Once a user has been migrated to Connection, the direct to VM will not work anymore since the subscriber is no longer homed on Unity.

I understand that I can't have the same route pattern pointed to two different locations, but was wondering if either Unity or Connection would be able to leverage cross server transfer and handle this.  I am looking for the ablility for a user to be able to use that pattern and have the Unity or Connection server be able to route directly to VM regardless of where the called party is homed.

I currently have a TAC case open and it hasn't produced any solutions yet, so I figured it was at least worth a shot to create a post for it.  Has anyone come across this or a similar situation?  Right now it just doesn't seem to work so any potential workaround would be worth a little investigating.

• Unified Communications Applications
Views
Helpful
Replies