Views
Helpful
Replies

CUAC Question

Emmanuel Vilela
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

I've a little question so, on my cuac when i've a call, i see the call on the application and at the same time my pc ring, but my phone don't ring.

I would to know if it is possible to do ring just my phone ?

Thanks for ur help

Regards      

3 Replies 3

tonyperla
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Emmanuel,

This is the correct behavior for the CUXAC product.  All call control should be handled from PC.  The incoming call answering can only be done via the PC, however once the call is answered the handset can be used to put the call on hold, transfer or end the call.

If you only want the phone to ring and it is a must, you may want to look into other options for routing and controlling your incoming calls.  Thanks.

Tony

Please rate helpful posts!

Please rate helpful posts
Thanks,
Tony

Hello,

Thanks for ur answer !

But in parallel, i found an answer on Internet and i found the Forced Delivery on the queue management ?

what do you think ?

Thanks

Regards

You can certainly force the call to a handset using different methods but again if you are looking to this as a permanent solution I am unsure if I would continue to use the AC application.  Forced Delivery will only push call through in a specific queue to make sure its next to get answered.  Here is the definition for Forced Delivery from a CUEAC 8.6 doc -

Forced Delivery

A specific queue can be designated to be immediately answered by the next free Attendant. The calls in

this queue are configured to be presented on longest idle Attendant or a circular work share between

Attendants logged in and able to answer the queue.

The Answer Next key (PLUS) is not required as the call will go directly to the Active Calls Field and ring the handset. You can answer by picking up the handset, or by clicking the Answer Call button.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucmac/arc/CUEACUGv8_6_x.pdf

Thanks,
Tony

Please rate helpful posts!

Please rate helpful posts
Thanks,
Tony