cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUBAC Upgrades from 3.1 to 8.6.2.11

TECH SUPPORT
Level 1
Level 1

I understand that the upgrade file from cisco.com/go/ac is supposed to keep the license file intact on the system. However, during my recent upgrade it didn't do that and wiped it out. I am now struggling to get a new license file generated as the initial installation was done by another integrator and therefore we don't have the original License Activation Code required to generate a new license code. The installation was completed on the same server and nothing such as IP address or machine name was changed.

Any ideas on how to proceed?

1 Reply 1

jamgale
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Perhaps you are running this on VM? CUEAC was not officially supported on CUEAC until V8.0.3 when there was changes done around the licensing. This means that if you were running on VM then a new license would be required after an upgrade.

In order to get a re-host you would need the original LAC or SO number, alternativly it could be found if you knew your old registration code. I might be able to find it based on the email address of the person who got the original license file if you know that?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: