Views
Helpful
Replies

CUC 8.5.(1) with Exchange 2010 TTS issue

michelegarribba
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm configuring CUC 8.5(1) ( 2 servers in HA ) with MS Exchange 2010 ( one server in a MS domain ).

Single inbox works well, so voice recognition.

I'm now trying TTS but i'm encountering some problems.

Feature is licensed, so i enabled it in the class of service and flagged the allow user to access voice mail

using imap client and\or single inbox. Also at user level the proper configuration is done.

I followed the official guides about it and all recall to a 8.0 with exchange 2007 way to enable imap access

using external services and external services accounts.

My issue is that i don't have these voices in my system settings of my CUC.

Where should i point my attention to get it work? The environment is only internal so exchange is not configured

for TSL, is it mandatory to have it enabled? How should i access emails in TTS mode by phone? I tried the

voice mail interface but it doesn't speak about emails, only voicemail.

Is there any step by step guide correct\update for exchange 2010?

Thanks to all for your help, i'm at a stuck and i need this feature working in a few days.

Michele

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

In the Classic Conversation phone menu, it announces option 7 by default.  "To play external messages"

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Michele,

It should be button-press 7 to play external messages.

Hope that helps,

Brad

Thanks Brad, i'll try it.

Should i have announcements that i have emails to be read from the phone voice menu when i get in? 'Cause i have

for voicemails but not for emails, and i flagged the option in the phone menu of the user profile.

Thanks

Michele

In the Classic Conversation phone menu, it announces option 7 by default.  "To play external messages"

Do you think my settings are correct? Thanks Brad i'll for sure let you know if it works

Thanks a lot Brad,

All is working, just a couple of question, i'm also using voice recognition, it works but it doens't has the

play external messages option, is there any specific i have to set or say?

The touchtone command in my classic conversation is not 7 but i have to execute a little procedure following the

menu, somenthing like 0 --> 9 --> 1 ---> 7 ( external message option ) --> 1

Is there any way to change or abbreviate this ?

Thanks again

Michele

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: