Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

CUC Call Handler Automatic Transfer

Trying to wrap my brain around how this would work.  I have a need for a call handler that will automatically forward a call to an operator if they dont push any buttons.  Seems like I could use "Route from next call routing rule" under greetings > After Greeting > Call Action but I havent used it before and not sure of its behavior.  Any suggestions on how I can accomplish this?

Platform is Unity Connection 8.

Thanks!

Everyone's tags (2)
3 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

Re: CUC Call Handler Automatic Transfer

The way I do it is using the After Greeting actions on the Greetings page of the Call Handler. I set it to Attempt Transfer to a different Call Handler that has a transfer action configured to send the call to an extension.

That is certainly a valid approach (+5 Jonathan). Another approach is to attempt a transfer to a voicemail user. As with Jonathan's tip, you would do this in the "After Greeting" actions section and leverage the "User with mailbox" transfer settings.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Guys, thanks very much!  Both solutions make perfect sense.  I did think about forwarding to another call handler but thought I was turning something simple into something that was overly complex.  +5 to both!

Have a good one!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content