Views
Helpful
Replies

CUC - Call Handler Distro List Subject Line

rossporubski
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

Is there a way to append a prefix to the subject line when a voicemail is delivered from a shared line? 

Ex. I created a distro list to send the vm when the departmental line isn't answered and a vm is left. It sends the email with the vm attached to 3 recipients on the distro. However, the email appears in their email boxes from the employees name or from the external phone number that called in, there is no distinguishing identification that says this is from the departmental line. 

And because of this, as you might expect nobody wants to return the call immediately because there isn't anything identifying it's from the IT vm or their own. 

As it stands the email fields are "FROM - [company employee] / SUBJECT [Message from company employee (5555)]

Is there a way to append a prefix to the IT vm default "SUBJECT" to add in "ITVM Message from company employee (5555)"?

Thank you to all in advance it's greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ross,

I don't believe that this is possible, but I could be wrong (not unusual!)

In the subject line format details admin info guide;

• There is no parameter with which to indicate that a message is being sent to a distribution list.

But if the message is being left on a Call handler, you may be able to leverage the %EXTENSION% parameter as shown below;

When the %EXTENSION% parameter is used in a subject line format, it is automatically replaced with the extension of the sender of the message, or for messages recorded by call handlers or interview handlers, with the extension of the handler.

From;

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/9x/administration/guide/9xcucsagx/9xcucsag170.html

Wish I could give you more details here my friend but I've never tried this myself.

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

rossporubski
Level 4
Level 4

Checking one more time to see if anybody's done this or knows if it's possible to do before I open a case with TAC.

Thank you to all in advance.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ross,

I don't believe that this is possible, but I could be wrong (not unusual!)

In the subject line format details admin info guide;

• There is no parameter with which to indicate that a message is being sent to a distribution list.

But if the message is being left on a Call handler, you may be able to leverage the %EXTENSION% parameter as shown below;

When the %EXTENSION% parameter is used in a subject line format, it is automatically replaced with the extension of the sender of the message, or for messages recorded by call handlers or interview handlers, with the extension of the handler.

From;

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/9x/administration/guide/9xcucsagx/9xcucsag170.html

Wish I could give you more details here my friend but I've never tried this myself.

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks Rob, I didn't think there was a way but wanted to check here before opening a TAC case. It's no biggy. I just wanted to see if I could prefix a message so IT guys could see it's an IT vm not their own personal vm. I spoke with the manager to let him know I was proactively researching before he might ask. He said he didn't care anyway, they should checking all vm's regardless if it's personal or from the IT line. LOL

Thanks!

Hey Ross,

Sounds like you've got a manager who's got their stuff together (which is pretty rare these days!)

The first thought that crossed my mind when I read your query was "shouldn't they just be checking all VM's in a timely manner"...hahahaha!

Glad to be of some small help here buddy!

Cheers!

Rob