Views
Helpful
Replies

CUC integration with MS Office 365 issue

orochi_yagami
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I'm integrating the CUC with MS Office 365 and hit some stone currently.

The client is running on Mac environment, so they do not host ANY MS server locally and hence we can't installed any IIS to act as SMTP relay.

My understanding is that, CUC need to communicate with the SMTP proxy/relay, and that the configured single inbox will work.

What are the approach/ or, how can i overcome this?

TIA

5 Replies 5

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is the customer using Exchange 365 (hosted Exchange).  If they are, Unity Connection 8.6 will connect to the service.  No need to use SMTP relays, etc.

Hi Tommer,

Yes, the client is using Exchange 365 (cloud) services.

Can you elaborate more? How can the local UC connect to a cloud based Exchange 365?

I'm abit confused on this.

TIA

Hi Tommer,

I've read this doc before, and it stated that a SMTP proxy is required for Single Inbox.

"If you want to select Relay the Message or Accept and Relay the Message for either list, you must first

configure an SMTP Smart Host on the System Settings > SMTP Configuration > Smart Host page.

Connection Administration will not let you save a new unified messaging configuration with those

settings when no SMTP Smart Host is configured. For SMTP smart host server, Connection will

communicate with on -premise SMTP relay servers only"

The environment is a MAC environment, and there's no single Windows platform machine.

Relay the Message or Accept and Relay is not the same Single Inbox.   This basically means if I want Unity Connection to record a voicemail, then after its done, forward to say brettfavre@gmail.com  *then* I would need an SMTP relay server.  It could as simple as their ISP SMTP server.   But since you are using Single Inbox, the SMTP Prox address needs to match the Exchange365 email account.   Unity Connection will have SMTP Proxy as by default the unityserver.company.com.  This does not work well for replies once in Outlook/Exchange.  Update this to show company.com as the smtp.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: