cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUC Migration Export

shandor
Level 1
Level 1

I'm preparing to migrate from Unity 4.0(5) to CUC 1.2 and in testing, I've run the CUC Migration Export and something strange happens. The tool looks like it completes much faster then I expect. However, the CsMsgExtractor process continues to run, but without any status window (I can see the process in task mgr). It seems to continue to pull messages out of unity, but I have no way of knowing when it is done. Am I missing something here??

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What's the log created by the export tool show? The message export process is not suppose to return anything until it's all done but perhaps it's kicking back a return code right off the bat.

All that process is doing is going through every mailbox for every subscriber and pulling the message out and storing them in a format the CUC MTA process can slurp in on the connection server - if the export tool has created the CSV file already you can just let this message export process run till it quits and you should be fine - it is a bit odd that it's returning a completion event before it's done, though.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What's the log created by the export tool show? The message export process is not suppose to return anything until it's all done but perhaps it's kicking back a return code right off the bat.

All that process is doing is going through every mailbox for every subscriber and pulling the message out and storing them in a format the CUC MTA process can slurp in on the connection server - if the export tool has created the CSV file already you can just let this message export process run till it quits and you should be fine - it is a bit odd that it's returning a completion event before it's done, though.

I've done some more testing and this happens every time I run the tool. The UnityToConnectionMigrationErrors.log file ends with:

Alias=LUser (where LUser is the last user)

Exporting messages...

Export complete: 8/10/2006 9:45:42 PM

Where the time that the export complete is about a minute after the LogFile Started time in MsgExtraction.log.

Anyways, I found that by watching the MsgExtraction.log file I could tell how far along the message export was, and when it was done.

Long story short, I just finished using the tool for a seemingly sucessful conversion to UC :-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: