cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUC Publisher shows Secondary Server Status for both servers in cluster

ryabutler
Level 1
Level 1

I'm experiencing a strange issue that I can find anything on-line about.  We have two CUC 8.6(1) servers.

The Publisher CUC server stopped working.  From the Cluster Management page, the Server Status reflects "Secondary" for both servers.   Under Port Manager the Publisher shows "Conversation Manager Not Running"

Furthermore,  when I go to the Service Management page, all of the critical services are deactivated and stopped.  And there are no options for me to Activate them manually.

From the Secondary/Subscriber CUC server, that is working.  From the Cluster Management page it is "Primary" and taking calls.  However, the Publisher server status reflects "Not functioning".

The voice ports on CUCM are registered to this Secondary/Subscriber CUC server.

What do I need to do to get the Publisher CUC working again?

I will include some screenshots for reference.

Thanks in advanced!

-rya

BTW - I did reboot the Publisher first then the Subscriber, but the results were the same.

3 Replies 3

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Rya,

You can check the following link

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/troubleshooting/guide/8xcuctsgx/8xcuctsg080.pdf

HTH

Manish

Hi

I did see this document on-line, but my symptom is that one of the servers show that "Both Servers Have Secondary Server Status" in Cisco Unity Connection 8.x.  There is no article within this document nor troubleshooting steps which covers that.

Just trying to understand what needs to be done based on the problems we are seeing.

Thank you!

-rya 

Hi Rya,

The following output could have helped when the issue was occurring
"show cuc cluster status"
"utils diagnose test"

I came across a TAC case where both servers were showing as secondary even after verifying network connectivity, restarting Conversation manager and mixer service and also running the dbreplication repair commands. The "show cuc cluster status" was showing as Split brain resolution. The issue was finally fixed after rebooting the cluster.

If you are interested in RCA you may open a TAC case but the required logs might have already been lost and i think this issue would not be reproducible on demand.

HTH

Manish