Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCI Lync 8.56 Settings deployment in Windows 7

thomasshum
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are using Windows 7 64bits version with OCS 2007R2.  I have able to deploy the CUCI Lync software and attached with our OCS in Windows 7. I got a registry file which is to change the CTI & UC server IP address in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Cisco Systems, Inc.\Client Services Framework\AdminData.  However, it is hard to change the ip address for each user and each PC.  Is there a good way to deploy the settings?  I also need to change the CUCI Lync settings one by one for auto video calls answer.

Many thanks                

1 Reply 1

Nick Richards
Level 1
Level 1

This link tells it all:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucimoc/8_5/english/installguide/config_active_directory.html

The reg file you have -- which contains the Policies branch -- is supposed to be pushed and managed via GPO. If you're manually deploying via batch or script, you'll be using the alternate path (without the Policies branch)

From the CCO Downloads page for CUCI-Lync, you can download the admin files which contain the GPO. As always with AD, there are numerous ways to go about it from there.

Alternatively, you can use a package management tool or a login script to write the files to registry.

The caveat is that these settings are contained within the Current User registry, so an admin can't push a batch file remotely; and many users may not have privileges to write files to the registry.

If your environment is set up such that loading the reg entries via script or batch is easiest, do that. If not do a GPO    

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: