cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cucimoc deskphone mode

nstathak
Level 1
Level 1

I'm aware in cucimoc softphone mode we have telephony presence.

I'm trying to understand how or if telephony presence is provided in cucimoc deskphone mode ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

To set up desk phone mode, you need to associate the desk phone to end user (CUCM > User Management > End user). And you need to put the user into "Standard CTI Enabled" group.

On the client, nothing needs to be defined. After you logged in, CUCIMOC will retrieve a list of desk phone associated with your user ID and allows you pick one to control.

Michael

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

In short, it's provided by CUCM.

What other details you'd like to know?

Thanks!

Michael

how is this done, does it use CTI from cucm to cucimoc ? or some other protocol ?

It uses CTI to do phone control. It uses SIP for phone presence.

Michael

So if it utilises SIP then this device needs to be registered on CUCM ?

By creating this CSF device would it not consume a DLU ? or am I missing something

Please don't confuse SIP with "SIP phone".

Presence was achieved by SIMPLE (Session Initiation Protocol for Instant Messaging and Presence Leveraging Extensions), which does not consume DLU at all. SIP client SUBSCRIBE to CUCM on the DN. Whenever the DN status changed, CUCM will send NOTIFY to client.

CSF device would consume DLUs, because it's a phone device.

Michael

so what do you need to do on cucm to set it up in deskphone mode ?

also on the client, what needs to defined ?

appreciate your feedback it's getting much clearler

To set up desk phone mode, you need to associate the desk phone to end user (CUCM > User Management > End user). And you need to put the user into "Standard CTI Enabled" group.

On the client, nothing needs to be defined. After you logged in, CUCIMOC will retrieve a list of desk phone associated with your user ID and allows you pick one to control.

Michael

Is CUCIMOC supported with the R2 MOC client? I have installed, but my MOC interface is unchanged. I also read something that lead me to believe that CUCIMOC needs to have a phone built in CUCM for every user, this couldn't be the case could it?

Thanks

R2 is not supported yet.

A CSF device needs to be built on CUCM if want to use "full feature" of CUCIMOC.

Michael

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: