cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 10 serial number

Mike Assel
Level 4
Level 4

I need to open a TAC case involving a CUCM v10 server running as a VM.  Where do I find the serial number???

Thanks,  Mike

6 Replies 6

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

CUCM doesnt have a serial number. You need a ESW contract number or try opening with the serial number of the UCS server. 

Please rate useful posts.

[+5] to George.

You can get the serial number of UCS chassis either from CIMC [the first page which comes when u enter IP on IE] or through vsphere client.

Click on VMHost.Select Configuration TAB ---Hardware -- Processors ---System---Service Tag .

regds,

aman

colan.haisell
Level 1
Level 1
  1. Use Navigation to open 'Cisco Unified OS Administration'.
  2. Login using the System user/pass.
  3. Click Show -> Hardware.
  4. One of the Hardware Resources listed will be Serial Number.

The attached image shows what the output looks like.

the same CUCM serial number can be found in cli

show hardware

but with this it's impossible to open TAC case becouse spaces not allowed and without spaces also impossible

HI!
I'm trying to get the license but I don't know where to find the "virtual device identifier" of the call manager installed on a virtual machine (Vmware) ... can anyone help me?

Laith Ibrahim
Level 1
Level 1

If it is a software problem in CUCM you need only the ESW or the SWSS contract to get the support from Cisco.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: