Helpful
Replies

CUCM 6.1.2 Call scenario design

ivana vidakovic
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm having trouble figuring out a call scenario for CUCM 6.1.2. The idea is:

After someone (outside) calls a direct number, the phones of a group users ring (all at the same time). If no one answers, the call is forwarded to different number (e.g.Number 1). Regardless of whether someone in the group answered the call, or if the call was forwarded and then answered, the group of users must not have the call as a missed call on their phones.

I tried using a hunt pilot, but when someone in the group answered the call, everyone else had a missed call, and everything reasulted in confusion and calling back the number.

I thought about the group having a seccond line, which they would share, but unfortunatly, their phones don't support it, and if the call would be forwarded to Number 1, they would all still have a missed call.

I was hoping to be able to configure a CTI route point containing that number, and have that number and all the users in a pick up group, but it didn't work.

If the missed calls after forwarding to Number 1 isn't possible to avoid, then OK, but for a member of the group answering, missed calls must be avoided.

The direct number isn't, and shouldn't be configured on any phone. I have an available UCCX 5.0.(2), but I would like to avoid using it (that is, I would like to avoid using a script), because these people are not agents, and this is not a call center, and I think making them use CAD won't be the solution they'd accept.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Ivana

4 Replies 4

Amine Nouasri
Level 3
Level 3

I would go with a shared line configuration and uncheck on each phone Log Missed Calls at the line configuration level.

Please rate helpful answers!

Their phones can have only one line, and they all have their own DNs. I wanted to go with a shared line, but I have no where to put the shared DN (phones 7905,7911 and 7912).

How about a hunt group configuration with Log Missed Calls unchecked on the lines?

But I want them to generally have missed calls, like if someone calls them individaully. Just not for calls coming from the hunt pilot.