cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 6 AD Integration User Missing

shaunswales
Level 1
Level 1

Active Directory has been set up on both the Call Manager and Presence, using exactly the same search strings.

Both integrations are working, except - I cannot find a user on the CCM>End User, however, on CUPC, when searching for that same user, he is there.

I have checked that the e mail fiels in AD is populated, and re-synchronised, however, user remains missing from the CCm AD integration, and present on the Presence AD Integration.

Secondly, when I try sync up the Unity Speech connect, by pointing it to a more specific OU then the CCM and Presence (due to licensing constraints), it doesn't pull the right users from AD at all.

Any ideas? This one's got me stumped. I have restarted the CCM's as well.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I found a customer created an application user ID that was the same as an userid in AD. So when CUCM did a sync, it did not sync that ID because it was an application ID already

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

You have to look at CUCM DirSync logs to find out.

CUPC searches LDAP to pull whatever users in the search base.

In contrast, CUCM will only sync the user when it meets some requirements (e.g. when he last name is NOT blank).

See my blog for more tips:

http://htluo.blogspot.com/

Michael

Thanks Michael... next time I have problems, will check logs as well, will check out your blog!

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I found a customer created an application user ID that was the same as an userid in AD. So when CUCM did a sync, it did not sync that ID because it was an application ID already

Thanks guys, there was a application user created with the same user id, changed it.... AD end user is back.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: