Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 6 Hardware Compatibility

kironline
Level 1
Level 1

Guys,

I am having problems installing CUCM6 on a HP DL380(G5) with below spec.

HP DL380(G5) 3.3GHz/1333MHz 6MB L2

2GB RAM

300GB HDD Space on Raid 5

The install fails with the below message:

Critical Error:

The Hardware you are using is not supported for this product. Installation will now halt.

I have checked the hardware compatibility matrix on Cisco.com website and I am not entirely sure how up-to-date the information on the site is. It says HP DL380-G5 (2 CPUs) with 2.33GHz is a supported platform for Cisco Unified Communications Manager 6.1.x. So if 2.33GHz is supported then 3.3GHz should also work in theory? Is there any patch or something I need to run before I run the install? Please help.

Appreciate your help, many thanks.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6790/ps5748/ps378/prod_brochure0900aecd8062a4f9.html

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

the specs from www.cisco.com/go/swonly need to be a PERFECT MATCH. not similar. exact part numbers outlined there are what the install disk will look for, if they are not found you'll get that error

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

the specs from www.cisco.com/go/swonly need to be a PERFECT MATCH. not similar. exact part numbers outlined there are what the install disk will look for, if they are not found you'll get that error

HTH

java

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: