Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7.0 upgrade to CUCM 8.0

yoonfui.chong
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a problem in CUCM 7.0 upgrade to CUCM 8.0. Can i migrate the data in CUCM 7.0 to CUCM 8.0?

Thanks

11 Replies 11

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Yes, you can upgrade provided you are on a supported version as listed here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/ccmcompmatr.html

If your upgrade is failing, it may be worth collecting/analyzing the following:

Install and Upgrade Logs

DB Installation Service

For the time period covering the upgrade attempt - do this for both the Active and Inactive partitions via RTMT.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi aaronharrison,

Thanks for your information.

I try to upgrade CUCM 7 to CUCM 8 with following step.

Step:

Cisco Unified OS Administration -> Software upgrades -> Install/upgrade

i choose source DVD/CD then a error message prompt.

Unable to mount the local file system.

Any suggestion for the error message

Appreciate your help.Thanks

Hi

Is the DVD you've put in the server one you have burned yourself?

1) A very common mistake is to burn the ISO file as a file to the DVD (i.e. if you put the DVD in your laptop, you see the ISO file you downloaded rather than a list of files and folders). You need to burn the ISO file to the DVD as an image, not a file...

2) Did you properly combine the two downloaded part files into a single ISO? It's usually a good idea to open the ISO in an ISO editor, WinRar, or 7-ZIP or similar in order to validate it isn't corrupt.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for your information.

I have burned the ISO file to the file and the in the DVD i can see all the system file. But the error still come out.

Do you have any idea for this error?

Regards,

Yoon Fui

Hi

If you still have the ISO image, try serving that over SFTP... might be a problem with the server DVD drive or something.

I use FreefTPD, or as a quick/easy option with no installation CoreFTP's msftpsrvr.exe

Use 'Remote Filesystem' instead of the DVD, and enter your SFTP server address/details.

Regards

Aaron

Hi Aaron,

Thanks.i will try this step.

You will see that error message if you're running a version that you cannot upgrade directly from.  Check the release notes for the version of 8.x that you are trying to upgrade to and chances are you will find that the version of 7.x that you are running is not directly upgradeable to version 8.x.  To resolve you will have to upgrade 7.0 to most likely a 7.1 release before going to 8.0.

Hi WSonnylal,

Thanks for information. I will check my version first.

I had a physical 7825 and needed to specify \D in the directory path. I had (incorrectly) assumed that selecting local / DVD drive would enable the util to find it. I needed to specify the drive letter.

nalonsoamerex
Level 1
Level 1

The reason you are having this issue is because you are putting your DVD on the wrong drive. If you are upgrading from CUCM 7.x on a VM, in order to use the local DVD drive on the machine you have the gui open on, you must first mount it from the VM, then under directory put the drive letter  (\D for example). If you are using a physical server, then make sure you put it on the server's DVD drive.

b-clements
Level 1
Level 1

I had a physical Cisco 7825 and needed to specify the drive letter \D, even though I had selected local CD\DVD. I had (incorrectly) assumed that the system would find the drive automatically when I selected local CD\DVD. Heads up that it won't.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: