Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7.1.5 to 9.1.2 Upgrade issue

Hello all,

I am running into an issue where I receive the error "No valid upgrade options were found" when I attempt to initiate an in-place direct upgrade from CUCM version 7.1.5.3000-1 to version 9.1.2.1000-28 using SFTP.

I have verified I am using the correct SFTP directory and even used another folder containing valid .cop files.  When using this folder I see the .cop files, but not the 9.1.2 upgrade file so I know the server is hitting the correct directory.

I have loaded “ciscocm.refresh_upgrade_v1.2.cop” file before the upgrade.

The upgrade file I am attempting to use is “Bootable_UCSInstall_UCOS_9.1.2.10000-28.sgn.iso”. 

Do I possibly need to download the non-bootable version to perform an upgrade via SFTP?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

6 Replies 6

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

hi

Use the download file shown in the below link

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/4009240#4009240

Regards
Ronak Patel

Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Hi

Are you using UCs server or Vmware. If yes, try to do it via the DVD option.. That would be good. I believe your current file is good only.

Regards
Ronak Patel

Thanks for the reply. I'm running on MCS servers. I'll try the different files tomorrow or see if I can get the customer to burn the ISO to a DVD and provide an update.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Hi Robert,

Just fyi.. Why are you not doing direct upgrade. Details are in below link. Your current release and traget release both support direct upgrade procedure.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-35163#comment-20432

Regards
Ronak Patel

A direct upgrade is what I am attempting to do.

I downloaded the non bootable file from Cisco and all went well. To anyone reading this...Be advised...this upgrade is Very Long. A 7500 phone cluster on a 7945 server took 4.5 hrs to upgrade the Publisher and about 3.5 hrs per Subscriber.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: